DFS: Spring Bloom Update May 16, 2021 23:43:03 GMT 1
Post by Dispenz0r on May 16, 2021 23:43:03 GMT 1
With spring time comes spring cleaning! And we're bringing a ton of new content, changes and improvements to DFS to make the servers' plugins, gamemodes and a lot more as great as they can get!
New DFS Chat SystemWe're introducing a completely revamped chat system to allow for easier and more user-friendly customization of chat tags and colors!
- Custom tags and chat colors will no longer be tied to donation deals. Instead, custom tags and colors will now be controlled by new DFS items and modules.
- We'll be introducing Recalibration Crate Series #2, #3 and #4 with this update, each crate includes a bunch of Chat Modules and Recalibration items that you can unbox.
- Chat Modules are used to enable custom chat colors for yourself. There are 9 modules you can obtain in total:
- Chat Tag Module - Set a custom color of choice for your tag
- Chat Name Module - Set a custom color of choice for your name
- Chat Text Module - Set a custom color of choice for your chat text
- Chat Tag Team Dyer - Set team colors for your tag depending on your team
- Chat Name Team Dyer - Set team colors for your name depending on your team
- Chat Text Team Dyer - Set team colors for your chat text depending on your team
- Chat Tag Rainbowifier - Rainbowize your tag colors
- Chat Name Rainbowifier - Rainbowize your name colors
- Chat Text Rainbowifier - Rainbowize your chat text colors
[li]Introducing the Recalibration System:[/li]
- Available and usable from the Guild Hall
- Allows the user to "recalibrate" the effects/values of modules that are supported.
- All color modules added by this update have their own unique color values, by using recalibration items on chat modules, players will be able to change the color value of their modules to any color and color tone they want!
- To recalibrate color modules to a different color, you'll need to obtain the newly added Recalibration items. Currently these items are obtainable by:
- Available from the Recalibration Crate Series #2, #3 and #4 alongside with Chat Modules.
- Also obtained by beating DFS-exclusive bosses including: The Snatcher, The Conductor, DJ Grooves and Pumpking.
[li]A new rare item called Tag Badge can now be purchased from the Gold Store for 15,000 credits or be dropped as a rare legendary item from beating DFS-exclusive bosses. It allows you to set or change your custom tag to anything at will![/li][li]You can equip custom colors for your Tag, Name and Text by using Chat Modules.[/li]
- Chat Modules can have their colors changed through the use of Recalibration Items.
DFS Login rewards and Milestones 2.0The DFS Login rewards system has received a complete overhaul as well! Check out all the details below:
- You will now obtain one Login Ticket for logging into DFS servers each day.
- Login Tickets can be spent in a new store - Regulars' Ticket Booth!
- This will allow players to obtain any login reward(s) they want using the new Login Ticket currency!
DFS' Ultimate Map Chooser 2.0 & Other Major Changes
- Added Nominations!
- You can now nominate a gamemode as well as a map from the nominated gamemode anytime before the vote begins.
- Nominated gamemodes and maps are subject to gamemode + map cooldowns.
[li]Map Time Extension Vote has been added![/li]
- There will now be a vote held a few minutes before the gamemode/map vote, asking players if they'd like to extend the current map time or not, if the vote succeeds the map will be extended for 15 minutes longer.
- /voteextend command has been completely removed to be replaced by this new feature.
[li]Default map time has been reduced from 30 minutes to 25 minutes, with the exception of tm_stadium still remaining at 30 minutes.[/li]
- Glass Attack, Kart Racing, Pass and a few select other maps are an exception to this and have a map time of 20 or 15 minutes instead.
[li]Added new gamemode sections and moved certain maps to different gamemode sections.[/li]
- Minigame Gamemodes have been renamed to Special Gamemodes and will now host unique maps as well as several unique gamemodes, including:
- scp_abandoned_epsilon, scp_containmentbreach_v4_2, scp_secretlaboratory_xi and scp_fortress_epsilon
- pass_stadium, pass_goalrush_b1 and pipeball_canyon_a4
- And the previously included maps such as warioware_redux_v4 (MicroTF2), af_tf2_party_a12, battle_n64skyscraper_v4_1 and mg_testing_complex_v2_1.
[li]Individual maps will now go on cooldown once played to prevent the same maps from being picked over and over again[/li][li]Added minimum player requirements for certain gamemodes to show up in the vote menu.[/li][li]For more information, check out the list below showing all current gamemodes, maps and their new cooldowns as well as minimum playercount requirements:[/li]
- All individual maps for all gamemodes have a cooldown of 10 rotations.
- DFS Sandbox - Has no cooldowns or restrictions.
- Vanilla Mode - Has no cooldowns or restrictions.
- Combat Surf - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and no playercount restrictions.
- Slender Fortress - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and no playercount restrictions.
- Deathrun Neu - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 7.
- Dodgeball Redux - Has a cooldown 3 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 6.
- VSH Rewrite - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 7.
- Super Zombie Fortress - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 8.
- Payload - Stop That Tank - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and no playercount restrictions.
- Special Gamemodes - Has a cooldown of 2 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 5.
- Smash Fortress - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 8.
- Prophunt Redux - Has a cooldown of 5 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 10.
- Fortwars - Has a cooldown of 5 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 10.
- Glass Attack - Has a cooldown of 5 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 10.
- Medieval Mode - Has a cooldown of 3 map rotations and no playercount restrictions.
- Fortress Royale - Has a cooldown of 5 map rotations and a minimum playercount restriction of 8.
New Pets & Playermodels!
- Added new pets with unique animations & sounds created by ThatAverageJoe
- Mini M.U.L.E from Deep Rock Galactic
- Obtainable from the Pet Shop for 20,000 credits
- Obtainable from the Gold Store for 25,000 credits
- Not obtainable yet, will soon be however.
- Not obtainable yet, will soon be however.
[li]Added new playermodels created by ThatAverageJoe[/li]
- G-Man - (Half Life: Alyx), [Platinum, All-class]
- Commando - (Risk of Rain 2), [Gold, Scout]
- Mermaid Man - (Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated), [Public - Soldier]
- Barnacle Boy - (Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated), [Public - Sniper]
- Bosco - (Sam & Max Save the World), [Public - Heavy]
- Crash Bandicoot - (Updated with Crash Bandicoot 4 model)
[li]More playermodels & playermodel changes[/li]
- Deformed Demoman - [Public - Demo]
- Deformed Scout - [Public - Scout]
- Big Boss - [Now public]
- Max Payne - [Now public]
- Revolver Ocelot - [Now public]
- Senator Armstrong - [Now public]
- Jonesy - [Platinum -> Gold]
- Fall-Guy - [Platinum -> Gold]
- Joker - [Public -> Gold]
- Joker Shujin Academy Outfit - [Gold -> Platinum]
- Sun-On-A-Stickman - [Now removed]
- Niko - [Now removed]
- Kirby - [Now removed]
- Classic Doomguy - [Now removed]
- Gentlespy - [Now removed]
- Sandvich Heavy - [Now removed]
Star Fortress 64!Introducing a new plugin available to all Platinum users!
- Using the command `/arwing dfs_arwing` or `/arwing arwing` will allow Platinum users to spawn an Arwing to fly around the map with!
- dfs_arwing will spawn the DFS model Arwing while arwing will spawn a different model Arwing to ride!
- Can only be used in DFS Sandbox maps.
New Vote Command Changes
- /voterandomizer, /voteclassw and /voteinstagib have now been merged into one command called /votemenu
- Currently the voteable gamemodes are: Randomizer, Class Warfare, Mann Vs Mann and Stop That Tank!
- Randomizer, Class Warfare and Mann Vs Mann is only allowed in Vanilla mode maps
- Stop That Tank! is only allowed in Payload maps
- More gamemodes might be added in the future.
- This menu appears a minute after the map loads in, to allow players to join in first before the vote begins.
Added New Gamemodes
- Mann Vs Mann - Activate Mann Vs Mann on Vanilla maps to enjoy all Mann vs. Machine mechanics in regular gameplay, developed by Mikusch.
- Gamemode can be voted to be turned on by using the command /votemenu in vanilla maps only.
- Added 8 new Fortress Royale maps to go along with the new gamemode.
- Added 4 maps to go along with the gamemode, gamemode/maps can currently be voted in the Special Gamemodes section.
New Plugins & Plugin ChangesNew Vehicles Plugin
- A completely overhauled vehicle plugin
- Much smoother vehicle driving
- Depending on Allowance settings, you can damage and knock other players around
- Lots of other changes and bug fixes
- Vehicles can be spawned by using the /vehicle command as always, available to Platinum members
Added a new bunnyhopping plugin
- Smooth bhopping that is not affected by ping
- Speed is not lost on a successful jump
- You take no fall damage on a successful bhop jump
- Supports multiple jumps and crouched bhopping
Added a new air-dashing plugin
- Replacing current double jumping plugin, allows all classes to double jump exactly like a Scout on all DFS Sandbox mode maps.
- By binding a key (like shift) to "+speed", allows you to sprint as any class.
- Usable by everyone, only enabled in DFS Sandbox mode maps and not in vanilla mode/custom gamemode maps.
List of all new added commands/features
- /arwing dfs_arwing - Allows you to spawn an Arwing to fly it around the map as freely as you'd like! (Only available to Platinum users)
- /votemenu - Allows you to vote to enable or disable Randomizer, Class Warfare or Mann vs Mann gamemodes on Vanilla mode maps.
- /nominate - Allows you to nominate a gamemode, plus a map from nominated gamemode.
- +sprint - By binding a key (like shift) to "+speed", allows you to sprint as any class.
Tons of New Maps for All Gamemodes
- New Vanilla Mode Maps
[li]New DFS Sandbox Maps[/li]
- goldenmachinegun_v1b (day version)
- forest map
[li]New Combat Surf Maps[/li]
[li]New Slender Fortress Maps[/li]
[li]New Deathrun Neu Maps[/li]
[li]New Dodgeball Redux Maps[/li]
[li]New VSH Rewrite Maps[/li]
[li]New Super Zombie Fortress Maps[/li]
[li]New Payload/Stop That Tank! Maps[/li]
[li]New Special Gamemode Maps[/li]
[li]New Smash Fortress Maps[/li]
[li]New Prophunt Redux Maps[/li]
[li]New Fortwars Maps[/li]
[li]New Glass Attack Maps[/li]
[li]New Medieval Mode Maps[/li]
[li]New Fortress Royale Maps[/li]
Major Miscellaneous Changes
- Even More New DFS Content!
- Added new joinsounds.
- Added new noisemaker sounds.
- Added new minigame words.
[li]New Respawn System[/li]
- Respawn times are now enabled by default instead of being disabled by default.
- Implemented a new Instant Respawning plugin, you will now instantly respawn without any delays on these gamemodes/maps:
- All Sandbox (Friendly) maps
- All Combat Surf maps
- Certain Vanilla (Competitive) maps, only maps without objectives or with less serious objectives. Vanilla maps with objectives will have respawn times as intended.
[li]Fixed DFS bosses sometimes being very fast and getting stuck in weird positions[/li]
[li]Joinsounds are now affected by the Music Volume Slider[/li]
[li]The server will now automatically change the map back to tm_stadium_rc1 when the server stays empty for too long (60 minutes). This is to avoid unplayed maps from sitting on the server for too long.[/li]
[li]The server will also change map back to tm_stadium_rc1 if the gamemode/map vote doesn't go through instead of picking a random map from maplist.[/li]
[li]Updated /taunts donor command to include the latest TF2 update taunts.[/li]
[li]Updated nb_update_frequency to use lowest values, this will hopefully allow for NPCs to feel much smoother than before.[/li]
[li]Turned off medieval chat completely in all melee-only maps.[/li]
[li]Updated Be The Ghost plugin to use a newer ghost model.[/li]
[li]Commands using the ! prefix are now hidden in chat, just like commands using the / prefix. If for some reason you want to show your commands to others, you can now use . as a prefix before using a command.[/li]
[li]Website Update 1.1.1 (comes in a week)[/li]
- Donation page has been updated to reflect upcoming donation changes.
- Added new and free Red, Green and Blue profile themes unlocked and usable by everyone.
- Added Steam avatar frames to DFS avatars.
- Changed layout depending on rank.
- Shortened some terms to account for space.
- Major backend code optimizations.
- Slender Fortress has been updated to include The Classless Update
- Dodgeball Redux has been updated to version 0.3.2
- Super Zombie Fortress has been updated to version 4.1.4
- VSH Rewrite has been updated to version 1.4.1
- Deathrun Neu has been updated to version 1.5.1
- Updated Randomizer to version 1.5.0
- Updated Smash Fortress with minor changes and fixes
- af_tf2_party_a12 -> af_tf2_party_a14
- cp_bestinclass_v2 -> cp_bestinclass_v2_fix
- cp_mist_rc1d -> cp_mist_rc1e
- ctf_2fort_destructible -> ctf_2fort_breakable
- dr_backrooms_v2 -> dr_backrooms_v2a
- dr_stardust_v1a -> dr_stardust_v1b
- koth_overgrowth -> koth_overgrowth_fix2
- surf_rainbow_v3 -> surf_rainbow_v4
- szf_black_lagoon_v2 -> szf_black_lagoon_v3
- szf_pen15_v15a -> szf_pen15_v15b
- szf_turtle_attack_v6d -> szf_turtle_attack_v6e
- szf_turtle_defense_v2b -> szf_turtle_defense_v2c
- tfdb_blockland_v5_4 -> tfdb_blockland_v5_5
- vsh_aaaaa_b1a -> vsh_aaaaa_b1c
- vsh_egyptyspot_v2 -> vsh_egyptyspot_reworked_b2c
- vsh_mariokart_v3 -> vsh_mariokart_v4
[li]Deathrun Neu Changes[/li]A couple of weapons' attributes have been changed for this gamemode to prevent some confusion and to fix an exploit.
- Boston Basher/Three-Rune Blade:
- You can now hit yourself again...
- ... but you don't get pushed for doing so!
- Disabled alt fire due to being able to push melee-only buttons using ornaments.
- Damage penalty reduced to 25% and added a 20% fire rate bonus.
[li]Rocket Jumper/Sticky Jumper:[/li]
- No longer regenerates ammo.
- You can now pick up intelligence/JACK while carrying these weapons, if the map has one.
- Reverted health drain changes, lowered move speed bonus to 10%.
- Cloak on hit increased from 5% to 10%.
- Removed fire rate penalty.
- Can no longer restore health on kill.
[li]Dodgeball Redux Updates[/li]After endlessly sacrificing lives by killing each other with dodge-rockets, the Dodgeball God has finally awoken to deliver 3 new rocket types!
- New rocket: Air Strike
- The Air Strike is a small twist of the Homing Rocket. Every time you airblast it, the rocket will always go up before locking onto the enemy.
[li]New rocket: Dead Eye[/li]
- The Dead Eye is a relentless version of the Homing Rocket. It hunts down targetted players with a dead-on turn rate. Think you can orbit one that easily? Think again.
- Moves at a slightly slower speed, ramps up slightly less speed and damage on each airblast.
- Has a lower supershot speed multiplier
[li]New rocket: KO Glove[/li]
- The KO Glove is a rocket for those who are experienced with Dodgeball's supershots. Supershotting someone with the KO Glove makes it go way faster, but it turns very slowly. Use it to your advantage to dodge one if you get supershotted.
- Starts with a higher base damage, ramps up slightly less speed on each airblast, cannot be "spiked" well.
- Can bounce only once.
[li]Map Changes[/li]After putting some love and effort, many maps have been updated with bug fixes and some misc changes!
- Added more missing observer points.
- Replaced channels for game_text in many maps to not interfere with the DFS hud.
- A lot of map music now actually counts as in-game music.
- That means the music volume slider affects them.
[li]Glass Attack maps:[/li]
- Glass panels no longer rapidly regenerate health, now only spawn with 50 health.
- Added back banana slip sounds.
- Removed waterfallers building block, as it's been fixed.
- Corrected some trigger placements.
- Removed fog.
- Removed engineer course fixes, as it's been fixed in this version of the map.
- Added some extra supplies to the map.
- Removed map timer.
- Capping the bomb no longer instantly ends the round.
- You can now unlock the DJ room.
- Smells like being in a fast food restauraunt. What could this mean?
- You can now unlock the Disco room.
- Sounds like a bunch of bleeps and bloops of arcade machines. It's been rumored that 4 of the machines are run using some ancient energy..?
- Added invulnerability to planks during setup only.
- Fixed a faulty clipbrush near the trap with the bombs.
- Fixed being able to escape trap 1.
- Fixed being able to enter death's area in the bridge trap.
- Adjusted push speed of the fan in the Climb minigame.
- Fixed RED team being able to push death's buttons using ranged weapons.
- Copy of goldenmachinegun_v1b_night, added spawn points and resupply locker.
- Replaced Arena gamemode with TDM.
- The team who gets most kills in 2 minutes wins the round.
- Team kills can be viewed in the scoreboard.
- Players will respawn on death.
- All classes move at 520 hu/s, scouts cannot double jump.
- Players now drop the JACK when entering spawn.
- Consequently, the JACK gets pushed back outside if it gets into spawn.
- Reduced brightness for the ball.
- Blocked off a lot of stuckspots for the dice.
- Enabled spells.
- Fixed a displacement stuckspot.
- Added trigger_hurt to the edges and the ceiling of the map to keep up the Smash Bros tradition.
- Blocked off sniper spots.
- You can no longer enter enemy team's spawn.
- Blocked off more sniper spots.
- Added the control point to the center of the map.
- Completely rewritten instructions text.
[li]Fixed propreroll command being a donor restricted command.[/li]
[li]Fixed players sometimes being able to move during round starts.[/li]
[li]Made it so chat messages mention that Model Manager is enabled on Deathrun, Slender Fortress, Dodgeball and not just on Friendly maps only. Rest of the custom gamemodes will not run Model Manager to prevent exploiting.[/li]
- Model Manager is now also available on these special gamemode maps:
[li]Updated Piano plugin with new changes[/li]
[li]Even more content file size optimizations.[/li]
[li]Turned cyberpunk2_a into a friendly map.[/li]
[li]Disabled random melee weapon crits on mg_testing_complex_v2_1.[/li]
[li]Made Raymond module auctionable[/li]
[li]Removed some maps voted off by the DFS community regulars in The DFS Discord server[/li]
We've listened to the community for as much feedback and suggestions as we could gather and tried to implement as much new content and QoL changes as we could, it took a little while but we really hope that our efforts paid off in the end.
We hope you enjoy what this update has to offer and look forward to what we will have to offer in the future as well!
This update was possible thanks to the combined effort and help from the DFS developers and DFS' supporters. Please consider supporting us by donating to help us keep up with the server costs and be able to develop even more content and updates for DFS in the future!