Application : Strade Jun 12, 2018 0:40:35 GMT 1
Post by Strade on Jun 12, 2018 0:40:35 GMT 1
- How long have you been on DFS?/When have you started playing on DFS?
According to my oldest screenshots from the server, I've been on for about 4 years (oldest known connection the 16/03/2014). I've since had a long hiatus, only to come back around August 2017.
- Which region are you from?
- Which position are you applying for? (Server Moderator, Developer)
I wish to apply for the position of server moderator.
- Your DFS level
108 as of now.
- Why do you want to become a staff member?
I've been a VIP for quite a long time now, and I'd like to help the server in more ways than only financial participation. As I usually have weird schedules nowadays, I connect very often during all night, which can be of use as a counterpart for more "diurnal" moderators. People tend to be less caring about the rules at those times, hence why I'd be here as a gentle reminder.
- Are you currently a staff member elsewhere?
- Past experiences as a staff member
I've been a mod on a Freak Fortress server, the late Garmea server of TodesRitter for about half a year, under the pseudonym Gabranth.
- How active are you on DFS? If you're accepted, how active can you be on DFS?
I usually connect a few times a week. I can't really tell how many hours I'm on, since it's really based on my mood. In general, I can stay for about, say, 10 to 15 hours a week. I can improve that time if necessary. In any case, I can always be joined via Steam, me being on the server or not.
- Have you ever been banned from DFS before? If so, why?
I've been banned once, as I was beginning to apprehend the power given to the VIP. Back then, I found it'd be a good idea to initiate a fish fight in a competitive map (meaning I gave the Holy Mackarel to all players), which was against the rules. Disp graciously swept this ban away from the banlist, however, which I'm thankful for.
- Include any additional personal information about yourself that could help your application thread
As I said before, I got some lesson to learn from the current staff, which made me realize power is always bound to restrictions : with this experience, I may be a lot more reasonable than I was when I first donated. This might be of good use if my application ever gets accepted, as I clearly know where the limits are now.
Another thing about me is the fact that I'm pretty shy on vocal, as English isn't my native language, which makes me uncomfortable when it comes to speaking. I'll try and overcome this fear if needed, but it won't be easy.
- Include a link to your Steam profile
Here you go, folks : steamcommunity.com/id/gabranth125/
Thanks for reading, and best of luck to the other applicants.